Six Contemporary 4 bedroom homes set in the grounds of an outstanding Grade II* listed building. Prices from £240,000. Showhome opening November 2012. First completions late 2012.
If you’re looking for a special, new home, look no further than The Mews at Corngreaves Hall. The Mews makes the perfect marriage between historic elegance and contemporary comforts.
Upon arrival through the impressive stone pillars and fully automated gates, the private driveway sweeps you upward to a peaceful and secluded haven of mature trees and gently landscaped grounds.
Set adjacent to the Hall, The Mews houses have been carefully crafted to complement their striking neighbour with touches of luxury and style throughout. From the Georgian inspired sash windows and external detailing, to the highly speciﬁed kitchens and the cool, crisp design of the bathrooms, The Mews affords residents the best of both worlds.
Affording the exclusivity of a private driveway, each home beneﬁts from allocated parking within the grounds. Accessible from Corngreaves Road, the development is set back and bordered by mature foliage.
Built around 1780 by James Attwood, a local ironmaster during the industrial development of the Black Country, Corngreaves Hall is said to be built on the site of Corngreaves Castle, which may have provided inspiration for the castle-like appearance of this listed building. James Attwood was uncle to Thomas Attwood, who went on to become Birmingham’s ﬁrst Member of Parliament. Indeed, the house types of The Mews are named after previous owners of the Hall.
Admired over time for its three impressive storeys, full height bays, Gothic window surrounds carved from stone, grand open staircase and vaulted cellars, the fascinating history of Corngreaves Hall and Nature Area form part of the Rowley Regis heritage trail. The famous heritage trail plays host to a wide variety of notable, historic landmarks that have links to a medieval market, an ancient monument and the infamous Gun Powder Plot.
- Individually designed and fitted kitchens by Manhattan, offering:
- Contemporary handle-less doors
- Under unit low voltage spotlights
- Inset sink
- Laminated worktops and matching upstands
- Glass splashback to hob
- Built in single electric oven by AEG or Smeg
- Ceramic Hob by AEG or Smeg
- Telescopic Extractor
- Fully integrated Fridge Freezer by Electrolux or similar
- Built in washing machine/tumble dryer by Electrolux or similar
- Removable unit with plumbing for dishwasher
Contemporary white sanitary ware and taps by Porcelanosa, to include:
- Basin with semi pedestal
- Five taphole bath with shower handset set into bath
- Quadrant or large rectangular shower enclosures, with low rise tray
- Chrome taps and showers
- Wall tiles by Porcelanosa
- Heated towel rail
- Virgin and Terrestrial TV points to Living Room, Kitchen, Main Bedroom and Bedroom 3
- Telephone points to Living Room, Kitchen and Main Bedroom
- Audio access system linked to main gates
- Burglar alarms
- Downlighters to Kitchens Bathrooms and Ensuites
- Gas fired central heating
- High efficiency boiler with advanced heat recovery system and built in weather compensation
- Allocated parking to all homes
- Landscaped communal grounds set in protected woodland
- Electrically operated gates to both entrances
- Front garden laid to lawn and sandstone flags to rear gardens
PEACE OF MIND
- 10 year Warranty with LABC New Home Warranties
- ‘B’ Energy Efficiency Rating